Terrific Traveller has been nominated for the Liebster Award!
In June of this year, I received a message from a co-travel blogger based in Cebu – Four Eyed Laagan, saying that he has nominated my blog for the Liebster Award, along with 4 other worthy nominees. It came as a surprise because I was just on my 5th-month blogging, and I already got an award 😊
Christoeffer John Restauro Estrada, the owner of Four Eyed Laagan has been blogging since March 2016, and has produced many awesome articles about travelling, hiking, and a lot more!
What is Liebster Award?
This award exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart, etc. (http://wordingwell.com/the-liebster-award-the-official-rules-my-first-blog-award-and-a-few-personal-secrets-revealed/)
How does it work?
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — Liebster logo.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post.
Question and Answer:
Q: When did you decide to start your blog and why?
- In my mind, I have always wanted to start a blog since college days, but I never had the confidence then. It was only January of this year where I realized that blogging is something I really want to do since I travel a lot, I love writing and I do photography.
Q: What is your best travel memory?
- Definitely Batanes – My favorite place in the whole of Philippines.
Q: How often do you travel?
- Before, I travel weekly. Yes weekly lol – to mountain hikes, waterfalls, and short out of town trips. But now, I focus more on travelling to far places in the country, for me to explore more of our underrated provinces, and share more travel tips to everyone.
Q: What is your biggest travel inspiration?
- My biggest travel inspiration is my passion for it. I never get tired of travelling, because I know I love what I do.
Q: If you can move anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- As much as I love the Philippines, if given a chance to move anywhere, I would choose Japan. My first love is technology, and I know the techie-fan-boy inside of me will be at home in that beautiful country.
Q: What is the best food you’ve ever had and where?
- There are so many I can’t choose just one haha. I am a natural foodie, and I love dumplings.
Q: What’s the most challenging thing you’ve done?
- Probably my very first hiking experience way back 2015. I got so tired, that when I reached the summit, I fainted. haha
Q: What’s your favorite place so far?
- Still Batanes.
Q: What place(s) is on top of your bucket list?
Q: What was your most embarrassing moment while traveling?
- Maybe when I had to ask my friend to save me from possible drowning, I was doing the Tarzan swing at a lake, and I didn’t know how to swim then haha.
Q: What do you hope people will learn about the world by reading your blog?
- I’ve always wanted to make everyone who reads my posts feel that they are travelling with me. I hope they learn to appreciate and take care of our environment, contribute to restoration, and be a motivator themselves.
Questions for my nominees:
- When did you decide to start your blog and why?
- What is best travel memory?
- How often do you travel?
- What is your biggest travel inspiration?
- If you can move anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- What is the best food you’ve ever had and where?
- What’s the most challenging thing you’ve done?
- What’s your favorite place so far?
- What place(s) is on top of your bucket list?
- What was your most embarrassing moment while traveling?
- What do you hope people will learn about the world by reading your blog?
Thanks again @foureyedlaagan! Looking forward to the responses of my nominees!